Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the building components RTC works on?
- What is the lead-time for a glass replacement project?
- What if a major storm damages the outside of my building?
- My building is 20 years old; how can you match the glass?
- What kind of warranty do you have on materials?
- How do I find a Consultant / Engineer?
1. What are the building components RTC works on?
We specialize in anything related to the exterior of the building or parking garage. This includes waterproofing, panels, glass or glazing systems, concrete, masonry, painting, coatings or structural repair. We do not re-roof buildings but do at times perform minor maintenance if part of a larger project we are working on.
2. What is the lead-time for a glass replacement project?
Replacing glass procured locally can be as short as a few days. High-performance glass may take as long as 8 weeks or more. RTC can check your inventory and suggest adding what is needed to cover the majority—if not all—of your emergency glass needs.
3. What if a major storm damages the outside of my building?
Call RTC’s emergency response number: 972-389-1150. We are available for service 24/7.
4. My building is 20 years old; how can you match the glass?
Matching glass on older buildings can be a significant challenge. Some of the manufacturers that were around 20 years ago are no longer in business. RTC maintains an extensive sample library of most glass types that were available then, or are now available. This helps us to more quickly find the best glass match for your building.
5. What kind of warranty do you have on materials?
Since RTC has an excellent relationship with manufacturers, we are able to offer warranties longer than the industry norm.
6. How do I find a consultant / engineer?
RTC works with some of the best consultants and engineers in the industry. The majority of the large projects we work on have a consultant or engineer who is working for the owner. Tell us what type of consulting or engineering services you need and we can direct you to an excellent firm. RTC does not perform any type of consulting or engineering services; we are strictly a restoration contractor.
Need a consultant >>